"Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks,
I don't care if I never get back."
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks,
I don't care if I never get back."

For those of you that know me, you may know that I was practically raised on a baseball field. I played t-ball when I was younger. From there, my brother played from t-ball until his teenage years.
My dad was his coach and mom and I were the loudest cheerleaders for them!
For the last several years of my brother playing, my dad was the President of the Dixie Youth League in our town, and personally, it rocked! I got to eat the best burgers and candy most nights of the week (yeah, not too healthy, but oh so good! Nothing like a ball field burger!). A few of the girls my age had brothers that were my brother's age, so they all played ball together, and us girls cheered them on year after year! I have no many memories from growing up there and my "baseball family."
Now, I'm not much into watching it on TV, because personally I like the face-to-face games much better! It's been a long time since I have been to an actual baseball game since we are all grown up now, but today, that's going to change. My dad has a company picnic in Birmingham each year and this year, he gets to take 2 extra people other than my mom. So my dad, mom, the husband, and I are going to Birmingham today. His company is feeding us a yummy lunch, and I know it's going to be yummy because he works for a food company! After that, we are going to watch a baseball game!!! WOOHOO! Yeah, I know. It's pretty stinking hot here in Alabama, but it brings back so many memories. The sights, the sounds, the smells. It all reminds me of growing up and long, hot summer days and nights in our hometown.
Now as a wife, and hopefully one day a mom, I am wishful that our son (if God blesses us with one) decides to play baseball, simply so I can be the supportive mom on the sidelines that my mom was for my brother growing up.
So wish us a safe and fantastic journey as we travel today! Hope you have a very blessed Saturday. And hey, it's beautiful out, so get out there and play in the sunshine!

Tasha! Most of my memories with you involve baseball haha. This is such an appropriate post for my day's activities. I ran a race in Louisville this morning at the Louisville Slugger Field called the "Grand Slam," and all the runners got free tickets to the minor league game tonight. Today is a very baseball-y day for me as I start and end my day with the Louisville Sluggers! I hope you have a great Saturday and rest of the weekend!
ReplyDeleteENJOY! I love Baseball :)
ReplyDelete