
The day we met was September 15, 2007. Little did I know that this day would change my life in so many ways. We have been together since that day and I wouldn't change a thing. We were together as much as possible throughout the week and inseparable on the weekends. My dad met Joshua two weeks after we had met when he came to my house to pick me up for a date, which was something I wasn't used to. The next morning after our date, I was sitting and talking with my mother that morning and she told me that after we left my dad said: "There is something different about him." After about a month, we were riding back from his house to church for evening worship. Everything was quite and we weren't really talking much at this point. I asked him what he was thinking and he said..."I'm thinking that I'm in love with you." I was completely speechless. That was the first time that he had told me he loved me and I was taken by surprise. Don't get me wrong, the feelings were mutual and I said it back and meant it with every fiber of my being. Before Thanksgiving we were talking about marriage. He wanted to get married before my birthday which was in April. There was no way I could put a wedding together that quick so we talking about November. My mother was floored and I thought she would think that we were moving too fast, but at the same time she was so excited because she loved Joshua and knew he was the one for me. He asked my dad for my hand in marriage at Christmas.
In February of 2008 he proposed to me and of course I said yes. He took me down to the water at McFarland Park and asked me to marry him! It was so sweet. We got right to planning our wedding and the date was set for November 22, 2008. By August, we decided there was no way we could wait any longer. We had a house and were ready to begin our life together as husband and wife. We went to my parents house on Wednesday night, August 13th and told them we wanted to get married the following night. We called his parents, our pastor, and a few close friends and family. I met my mom the next day and we got me a dress, flowers and all the necessities for that night. My best friend drove 3 and a half hours to be my maid of honor. It was short planning, but everything was perfect. I couldn't have asked for me. On August 14, 2008 at 7:00 pm I was married to my best friend. That was the beginning of our life together as husband and wife. It was the best day of my life!!!!!
Hey hunn!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you had a blog
YAY
There aren't to many people I actually know that are on blogger
so Im super excited:)
I miss seeing your face doll!
And whenever you and Krissy have Frappe Friday's
I WANT TO COME!
xoxo
bB
I've often wished I had gotten married that way, without all the stressful planning and agonizing. It's no less meaningful, and a lot more memorable. Makes for a great story!
ReplyDelete