Sunday, July 11, 2010

On the Road to a Healthy Life

          Joshua and I have decided to start getting healthy together..again. Our anniversary is just over a month away. I want to lose some weight before then. More than that, I want us to be healthy, to be able to use these bodies that God gave us for good, and to be together for a long time to come.
          Before we got out for the summer, I had taken up running. I was doing this 8 week program to get up to running for 30 minutes straight; yes, I know, 30 minutes and 8 weeks, long time. You see, I have not been very active since high school, which is starting to be further and further away from life in the present. I was working on week 4 and then got out of the habit. I was running everyday and felt good after each run. I will begin running again this week. It's going to be a struggle because recently I've had problems with my knee, but it's going to be a start. A good start I hope. My other goal for this week is to stick to my rule of: No Sweets! This is going to be hard because I am a sour candy, Frappe, and Miami Ice JUNKY!! Those are my drugs of choice, haha! So please do me a favor this week, pray for my determination and perseverance throughout this week and that I do not go crazy and that me and the hubby do not kill each other while trying to get back into the swing of getting healthy!!

1 comment:

  1. Awe that is SO fantastic to hear.
    I will definitely be praying for you guys.
    Being healthy is such a fantastic thing.
    It's hard but You can do it girl!

    ReplyDelete