Hello! My name is Tasha. I am 22 years old and I am creating this blog as a way to share our life as we know it. That picture at the top of the screen is of me and the love of my life, Joshua and here is our story:
Well, before I tell you of the day we met, let me clue you in on who I was before. I had been a fairly good child through school and played sports and made good grades. I got a scholarship to college where I am majoring in elementary education. During my senior year of high school, I ended things with a boyfriend of 3 years. Therefore, I had complete freedom to hang out with my friends and do what I wanted. During that summer, I was dating someone who was my best friend off and on, Justin. We got very close. That summer, I told him I just wanted to be friends for a while until I knew where my life was headed, that I had just got out of a bad relationship and didn't need another right now. This was the wrong decision: so I thought at the time. That September, I got a phone call from his mom telling me that just had been killed in a head-on collision with an 18 wheeler. I was devastated. I thought my world was crashing down around me. This is when things got a little out of control. I ran away from guy, in the dating sense. I got into the party scene for about a year because this "cleared my thoughts." and I was "having a good time." That was my life from the Sept. '06 until Sept. '07. I had a wreck on August 24th, that Friday, I was on my way home from town; I live in the country. After work, a couple of my girls and I had gone to the movies and it had been raining. Let me add here that I was completely sober [don't want anyone thinking I was dumb enough to drink and drive]. On the way home, the roads were still wet and the back tire of the two door Toyota Solara went off the road. I went into the other lane and was headed for the straight-down drop off on the other side. God literally had a hand in saving my life because the next thing I knew, I was headed back into my lane and into the trees. At the time, I was just scared and knew it was going to be bad. After I got done flipping and rolling through the trees, I landed in the ditch. A girl I went to school with was the person to stop and we called my parents. Thankfully, I was only banged up and bruised a little. Nothing Major. However, that was a life changing moment for me. I knew it was God who kept me from landing in the drop-off [I would have for sure been killed]. I made a promise to God and myself that night that things were going to change and that it had to be different. No more parties and drinking for me. That night was exactly two weeks before the 1 year anniversary of Justin's death.
Remember, for the past year, I didn't date a single guy. I guess it was that I was scared to get close to someone and lose them again like I had with Justin. At this point, love and marriage [the whole fairytale thing] was the furthest thoughts or wishes for me. Little did I know, God had other plans in store for me and they were in motion before I realized it....
Our Beginning: One week after Justin's anniversary, a girl I worked with invited me to come to her house that Saturday to watch the Alabama vs. Arkansas football game. Now, I am a true Roll Tide fan and I told her I would definitely be there. She said it was some friends from church, her and her husband, and their son. I said okay. So off I went. I get there and everyone is having a great time watching the game. Sometime during the course of watching the game, this man and I start laughing and talking and playing card games and just having a good time. So after the game, my friend from work, another girl, me, this man, and his friend decided that it would be fun to go mud riding in his truck. Two other girls are in the bed and I'm riding in the middle between this man and his friend. As soon as we leave from mud-riding, I can't find my brand new cell phone and start freaking out thinking that we ran it over mud-riding if it fell out. Joshua, the man I'm talking about, gives me his phone to call mine to see if I can hear it. His story is that he saw his friend looking for his phone to let me use, but Josh said he just had to let me use his phone so he could get my number :) Well,I do and we find it, and now he has my number. On the way home, we somehow ended up holding hands. After we got back, we were inseparable and talked all night. I talked to him everyday after that and seen him almost just as much.
Joshua is a true man of God and has been for several years. For me, I had been raised in church and was just a Christian getting back on track from where I had taken a wrong turn. God couldn't have put us together at a better time.
For now, the rest of our story is a mystery for you and history for us. Keep a look out for how our first year following our meeting goes...

No comments:
Post a Comment