Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Try It Tuesday!!
This is something new that I am wanting to try. I mentioned in my previous blog that we are trying to start living a healthier life. Well, this part of that effort. Every Tuesday I am going to try a new recipe. My problem is that I am very picky: don't eat seafood, steaks, pork chops. LOVE anything chicken, but at the same time, I'm wanting to try something new..I need something healthy, but yummy!! I love fruits and vegetables. I know that lots of you have great recipes and I'm asking you to share them with me!!
Share one new recipe with my every Tuesday!! In return, I will choose one each Tuesday to fix the following week and will be sharing about recipes that I am trying and ones that I find as well.
If you would, just leave a comment with your recipe: ingredients and directions. At the beginning of the comment, just label it [ex. Main Dish, Dessert].
Here is my first post. It's actually a Weight Watchers recipe and low calories and points (2 per serving) and a favorite in my house. This will show you how your can be done...
Easy Cheesy Chicken Chili and Rice
Main Dish: servings (4)
1 can chicken 2 c. Minute Brand white rice
14.5 oz diced tomatoes 15 oz. can Chili w/ beans
4 oz. Velveeta light 1.c. Water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 qt. casserole dish with extra light cooking spray; set aside. Cook chicken in a pan on the stove until not pink. Stir in chili, tomatoes, water; mix well, and boil. Add cheese and simmer until melted. Add rice. Cover & Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Put in casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes. ENJOY!!!
Labels:
Yummy Foods
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


This is NIFTY
ReplyDeleteI have several healthy recipes to contribute to this:)
Remind me next tuesday PLEASE!
xoxo
bB