Wow. I was looking over my last few posts, and it's been a while since I have even done a post. So, let me try and catch you up on a few things from the past couple of days.
I recently started back for my FINAL semester of college. I am doing my internship this semester at two different placements and will graduate in December! yay!
**Due to this being my internship, all names have been removed or altered
and no locations will be disclosed. All personal information is confidential,
but I plan to blog about the experience as a whole.
On Tuesday, I went to visit my second placement, which I will be in from October 18-December 14. I got to meet my cooperating teacher and students. I will be in a Kindergarten classroom for this placement., Everyone was super nice and I think that I am going to have a great time there when I go back!!
Today, I started my first placement at a local middle school, and am working in 5th grade. For those of you that know me well, this is really a bit of out of my element because I usually prefer younger children, but I think it's going to be a good experience. The remainder of the week will be filled with observations and just becoming oriented with my team of teachers and getting to know the students/schedule/etc. Starting next week, I will be picking up one subject to teach. Each additional week will be a different subject area because my team is departmentalized. I'm a little nervous about working with the older children, but at the same time, I'm very excited about it. The team I am working with is made up of great teachers and so I know that they will assist me in any way needed.
Please, keep me in your prayers over the next 8 weeks while I am at this school. It's going to be a challenging and rewarding experience and I plan to keep you posted.
You will do great! Enjoy your students and congrats on this being your last semester of classes!
ReplyDeleteI added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless You ~Ron
I am so behind on my comments, yikes! Thank you for visiting my blog Yoga Gal a few weeks ago! And good luck on your internship, fifth graders are an interesting age, they are still young but starting to become aware of the world around them. Fifth grade was a big year for me! :)
ReplyDelete