Wednesday, August 11, 2010

woohoo! Got my first two blog awards!!!

That's right. I got my first blog award, and apparently they come in pairs because I got two! 


A Special Thanks to Crystal over at Bye Bye Fat Pants for nominating me for this award. 

Here are the Rules: 
  • Thank the person who gave you the award.
  • Share seven things about yourself.
  • Nominate fifteen newly discovered blogs!
  • Let your nominees know about the award. \
Seven Things About Me:
  1.  Since I got married, I have recently become a preacher's kid. YAY for my dad! He is a great man of God!
  2. I have 2 four-legged children. Dixie is a Jack-Russel, and she is so smart it's kinda scary! Buster is the newest addition to our family and he is 6 years old and a Boston Terrier and nothing but a big ole' baby!
  3. I'm a student at the local university and am starting my last semester for my degree in just a couple of weeks! You are reading the blog of a soon-to-be college graduate with a degree in Elementary Education! EEK!! I'm so stinkin' excited.
  4. I love the Biggest Loser. Within the past year or so, it's almost become an obsession. I try not to schedule anything on Tuesday evenings when the show is in season. I have (I think) every Biggest Loser book for health and fitness, and also the workout DVD's. Yeah, I know. Pathetic. And one would think with just an obsession, I would be much thinner by now and you think I would have learned something!
  5. I have a crush on Gerard Butler, you know, the really sexy actor. It really drives my husband crazy. He knows I'm not a big action movie buff, but if it's got Gerard Butler in it, you bet I got us tickets to see it. Recently, I'm kinda interested in seeing the Expendables. My husband tells me, " Honey, you know Gerard Butler isn't in it right?" See. He knows that Mr. Lovely is usually the reason for my wanting to see these types of movies...yeah. It's that bad. 
  6. I'm on a journey to a new and improved, healthier me! I'm getting my husband on board a little more each day. I want to lose a minimum of 20 pounds (but hopefully more) and I have lots of motivation. I graduate in December, and my parents are sending us on a cruise in the spring. I want to be bathing-suit comfortable for sure! Then, I have two weddings to be in. One in May, and one in June. So see, hopefully this will give me plenty of motivation to see it through. 
  7. Last but not least, I'm married to the man of my dreams. We met in September of 2007 and knew we were getting married by Thanksgiving. We were officially engaged in February of 2008 and married August 14, 2008. Now, I wouldn't say I'm a believe in love at first sight, but we have been together since the day we met, and I do know that when you know he's the one, you just know.
There you have it. Nothing overly spectacular about me, but just some fun(ish) facts. 

Here are my nominee's for this award. 

Thank you to Brianna for this award!
I'm passing this award over to:
  • Deb at Jeremiah 29:11  is an amazing blogger and always got the cutest stuff on her page. She is so full of inspiration and I lover reading her blog! Go check it out!!!!
  • Laura at along for the ride is a great blogger as well. Check out her kindness challenge!
  • Nicole at One Little Mister is a mom with an adorable child. She hosts a cute blog hop and does reviews for all you other moms out there. Go visit her!

7 comments:

  1. Hey -- thanks for tagging me!
    And, thanks for following my journey. I'm now following yours, too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much...you are so precious!!!
    Not sure if I can think of 7 things about myself....I draw a blank when put on the spot..ha! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award! Your blog is adorable!

    Nicole
    www.onelittlemister.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the awards and thank you very much for nominating me. :-)

    I love the story of you and your hubby.
    My hubby and I met back in 2002 but did not become a couple until 2005. The three years in between were a struggle b/c I 'knew' he was THE ONE but I was in no way ready for that so I pushed him as hard and as far away as I could. Fate laughed in my face, threw us back together, and we've been inseparable ever since.

    Tango, my k9 furbaby is also a little scary. He's the best, but he is crazy.
    The dog I "grew up" with (well got in highschool) is a jack russel and she's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the awards and on becoming a soon-to-be teacher!!!! That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award and for following my blog. I would repost but I don't follow 15 blogs. :(

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our journey has begun!… secretly though

    If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and that I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post. I’d love for you to stop by.

    Exciting things going on around here!

    www.DefinitelyMaybeBaby.com

    ~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

    ReplyDelete