Thursday, August 19, 2010

Much Needed Encouragement

Do you ever just have those days like BLAH?!
I do, and I think we all do. 
For me, there are just days when 
I want to sit and do nothing. 
I need some encouragement to get going. 
Where do I turn? Scripture

You all know I'm on a journey of getting in shape, 
but I'm also on an everlasting journey to 
strengthen my relationship with Christ, 
a journey we should all be on. 

There are times however, when I find a scripture that 
gives me encouragement for both journeys. 
Here is what I found. 

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." ---1 Corinthians 9:24

I know what the eternal prize here is. I think we all do. 
We should always press on to reach that eternal prize. 

And even though it's not talking about actually putting one foot in front of the other in the act of actual running, it did hit home with me. I blogged in the last post that 
one of my goals is to Walk Daily.


 So this was my motivation to get going, 
in both the spiritual and physical!
I hope it gives you as much encouragement 
and motivation as it has me.

No comments:

Post a Comment