1. What advice would you give a couple getting married?
The main piece of advice that I give other couples getting married is to keep God first. If they do that, I make it a point to let them know that they will soon learn that the only friend they can truly count on is each other. Other friends will come and go, but your spouse is truly your best friend and should have your utmost love devotion.
2. If you could tell your 16 year old self ONE thing, what would it be?
Listen to your mama, and BREAK UP WITH THAT BOZO
LOL
3. What do you do to keep cool in the summer? (AC, windows, fans, swimming, etc.)
Well, in general, I love the AC, but I also love being outside. I keep children all day, and we play outside a lot. Our favorite cool down activities are popsicles and the sprinkler! :)
4. What did you (or your wife) crave most while pregnant?
We haven't had children yet, so I'll get back to ya on that one :)
5. Who is your favorite TV mom? Why?
I don't think I have a favorite TV mom; mine is the best hands down! However, the first TV mom that comes to mind is Mrs. Brady..LOL that woman must have been a saint to deal with that many teenagers at one time! bahahaha
Hop on over to My Little Life to link up to 5QF and find other bloggers to learn about! :)
And now for the rest of my blog post..
PEACE, FINALLY..
Ever since we moved here in January, I have felt like I have been on an emotional roller coaster. I'm used to having my family, all of them, just up the road. Now they are a few hours away. Next to my husband, my mom is my best friend. The past 4 months have been so hard being away from everything I have ever known. I know God has a plan for my husband and I; I'm just working on trying to understand it. We have always held positions in a church since we have been together, regardless of where we were. When we got married, we were already in the praise band at our church, and I was over Children's Church on Wednesdays. After we married, we took on the youth. Yep, youth pastors. That's a full time job in itself. Heck, each job was a full time job in their own way, plus we both worked full time with either a job or school or both in my case. We felt stretched beyond thin. After we left that church, we started attending the church my dad pastors. It was a very small country church with lots of older people. They were so warm and inviting. We knew it wasn't where we were meant to be, but we were determined to stay faithful to God and church until we found the place he wanted us.
Shortly after starting to attend there, the elderly lady that led worship started having more health problems and told my dad she wanted me to take over. So, being the good daughter that I am (and I also enjoy singing of course), I accepted for the time being (another full time position).
Upon accepting the job where we are now living and saying our goodbyes to church positions, friends, and family, my husband and I talked about it and decided not to accept any positions in a church for a while. At least a year. Simply because we felt stretched beyond our limits and wanted to take time to focus on our relationships with God and with each other.
Without discussing this, my husband started playing in a worship band at a church we had only attended TWICE. It was a nice church and everyone was nice, well mostly everyone. The worship band then decided to be their own band and accept gigs playing worship music outside of church. Those of you that know me, we have done this before, about 2 years ago. It was a BAD choice. I left the same about this time around, but it was done. I was officially a band wife for the second time. About a month was alright and I do enjoy watching my husband play. He is very talented. However, let's just say I learned from my mistakes the last time I was a band wife and was taking this new chance with a whole different approach. The first time (along with the other wives), I felt the need to put my opinion in on every decision the band made. This time, I kept my band decision opinions to myself.
Well, without going into too church detail, a facebook post of mine was taken as a personal attack. The post simply stated (after several conversations with other friends of mine about this being at issue in their churches as well) that I was completely against texting and playing on Facebook during church. Another band wife took this as a personal attack because she (along with her worship leader husband) are BAD about doing this on a regular basis. {They are always coming against people for doing things how they feel it shouldn't be done; a real holier-than-thou couple. You know the type}.
Anyways, It was not intended for her to take it as a personal attack. My point was that in general, if you are texting/Facebooking during church, it is disrespectful and distracting to the service, those leading it, and those around you. Long story short, her and her husband called me out personally on FB and told me how I should behave as a "Christian" and that my opinion was wrong. Needless to say, this became a big deal. I told the girl that it was not meant as a personal attack in any way, but that my opinion on the matter was still the same and I still thought it was wrong, whether it was her or anyone else doing it. Her husband told mine that he demanded an apology from me to his wife. I was so proud of my husband for standing up for me at this point. He told him that our opinions remained the same and that if she took it as personal that was not the intent, but then maybe that was God's way of convicting her. I know there have been several things I have seen out and about or on FB that someone else posted, or anywhere, that have convicted me of things wrong in my life (whether big or small).
So, for the title of this, the overall ending today was as follows: my husband has left the band (please understand there have been problems of different sorts up until this point). We (yes both of us) are completely at peace about it all. We had a long discussion and he has apologized endlessly for not discussing things and us being in agreement before taking on something like this.
I'm so excited to see where God takes us from here. He always is faithful and always provides for us. We are going to visit some other churches in the area and let God do his thing. We will go where we are called. For now, we are just taking our time building our relationship even stronger and building our relationships with God. I ask for your prayers for us as we battle the things that are thrown our way and for our faith to grow stronger with each passing day.
For now, we are packing the car and heading to visit our family for Mother's Day! I can't wait to see my parents, his parents, my brother, his sister, our sweet nieces and nephews, and my little cousins (they are more like my baby sisters). I can't wait to watch them practice softball in the morning (yes, I'm going to practice because I miss so many games now that I live so far away). I pray that each of you has a more than blessed weekend. And for all of you moms out there, have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
God is SO good!


I think you have every right to voice your opinion. It's your fb. Good luck to you and yous husband!
ReplyDelete