Monday, July 30, 2012

24 DC: Day 1 and FMM

24 Day Challenge #2 started today.

I'm pretty pumped.

Last time I did the challenge back in March, I lost 11 pounds and 18 inches. I'm looking forward to seeing my results at the end of this 24 Day Challenge.

Here is how my day will go today:
5:30 am - Rise and Shine
5:45 am - SPARK
6:00 am - Gym Time (Ran 2 of 3.1 miles)



7:00 am - Shower
7:30 am - Fiber Drink
8:00 am - Breakfast (2 scrambled eggs)
10:30 am - Snack
12:30 pm - Lunch
3:30 pm - Snack
6:30pm - Supper

So far so good! I have planned out my workouts and meals/snacks for the entire Cleanse Phase (which is the first 10 days).

If you are interested in joining me, check out my website today!

I'm feeling good about the things to come.

Also, it's time for Friend Making Monday!

Goals and More …

1. Brag about some of your daily, healthy habits.  Let's see. I touched on my 24 Day Challenge above..I drink ONLY water. I go to the gym for cardio 4 morning a week at 6 am, and have started running 3 of those days, training for my first 5K!

2. Do you track your daily food intake? If so, how? Absolutely! I use the MyFitnessPal website/phone app. It is amazing. (I love the barcode scanner, and that it keeps up with my calories burned too!) If you are on MyFitnessPal, let me a comment with your user name. I'm always looking for friends to keep me accountable :)

3. What do you want to change most about your daily routine?  Let's see..I stay at home with two toddlers (3 y/o and 1.5 y/o), so we are pretty active. However, I wish I could find the motivation after dinner to maybe walk an extra mile, whether it be outside or on a DVD.

4. How often do you exercise?  4 mornings during the week for an hour at 6 am. I try to get an extra workout in over the weekend, but sometimes that is hit or miss.

5. How do you stay on track when you’re on the go?  We only travel to see our family on the weekends. If we have a cookout or something, my dad is great about throwing me a piece of chicken and some veggies on the grill! These are generally the weekends when I usually miss my workouts. But sometimes my mom or aunt will go walk with me. 

6. What’s one excuse you use that prevents you from reaching your goals?  There is always this little voice in the back of my head that tells me, "You're going to fail. You're not good enough." I try with all my might and can quiet that voice most days, but occasionally it gets me. 

7. What scares you most about your journey?  Failure. My husband, my family, and my friends all see that I am on this journey to a healthier me. Sometimes I feel like it is never ending and I am never going to reach my goals. I have always set "goals" for myself, and I have reached them. But my family is always waiting for me to "reach the next goal" before 
I can even celebrate meeting the first one. Right now, I'm a certified teacher who graduated Dec 2010 and I am still looking for a teaching job. (Which if you are from my area, you know it's hard to find. Plus, with moving to a completely new town and knowing no one, that doesn't help.) I stay at home keeping kids (which I really enjoy by the way), but my parents are always asking about the job situation. They have a hard time accepting that until God blesses me with a job, I'm happy where I am. I guess I just want to prove to myself and my loved ones that I'm making the most of this time at home, and that plays into what scares me the most about this journey: failure of not being good enough and of not reaching my goals.

8. What do you think will change most when you reach your goal? (If you have reached it, what’s different?)  I hope to have so much more confidence and energy to do the things I want to do. 

9. What motivates you to reach your goals?  My future. I want children. I want to have a healthy pregnancy. I want to set a good example for my own children and those in my future classroom (when I have a job). I want to look fabulous for my husband. My grandmother has diabetes and I know I'm already at risk. I want to cut that risk as much as possible. 

10. Share a few of your goals.  
         - Run a 5K (scheduled for September 2012!)
         - Lose 70 pounds total (only 49 more to go!)
         - Shop for smaller clothes, and smile when I try them on!
         - Be HEALTHY!


Have a great Monday!!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Stopping by from FMM and I just noticed that you are doing the 24 Day Challenge! OMG! I have done two rounds of the 24DC and I LOVE IT! I first did it last October just to see if I could (because I really didn't think I could stick it out and not drink Diet Coke for 24 days). It was one of the best things I ever did for myself. I felt renewed, I had an amazing amount of energy and I loved the products! Spark has been my savior in my fight with getting off of soda, and I have been soda free since last October. Amazing. I'm so excited for you and your progress with Advocare! It's a really amazing company. My husband and I are Advisors, but we really don't do anything with the business side of it - we just enjoy the products and the discount! Exciting! Glad I stopped by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the 5k
    http://vickionline.livejournal.com/1550610.html

    ReplyDelete