Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tough Stuff Today

Hello!! :) I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! The hubby and I got to go come (3 hrs away) to visit with our family this weekend! It was wonderful to see everyone, but it's always busy. I usually feel like I need a weekend to recover from the weekend when we go home. It's worth it though. I get pretty homesick, so it's a blessing when we get to go see our family!!

Yesterday I made the decision to do away with the C25K. I was starting to get burnt out with it. I'm still running though. My very first 5K will be the Color Run on Sept 3. So I have about 6 weeks to get it down pat!! I decided to start just running/walking the entire 3.1 miles each time I run. In the past 6 weeks I barely making 2 miles and I wasn't even sure how far I was running.

Yesterday I decided to just keep up with my distance that I run and increase it each time as much as possible. I ran 1.5 total yesterday, with my longest run being .5 mile.

Today I increased that distance. My longest run was .75 mile. I seem to have pulled a muscle in the top my of thigh and something in my knee bothers me on occasion. So after the .75 mile run, the other runs were short jogs of anywhere between .1 and .5 mile for a total of 1.75 miles ran out of the 3.1 that I completed today. It was tough, but I'm determined to power through. Tomorrow if my off day from walking/running and then Thursday is just a walk day. I'm praying that will give my pulled muscles time to recover so that my run can be amazing on Friday.

That's the plan anyway.

Looking for some ideas here:
What is your FAVORITE workout activity?!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment