Well, let me start with Tip the Scale Thursday.
I lost 1.4 pounds this week.
Again, not great, but still a loss.
AND, that puts me at a total of 9 pounds down.
YAY.
Last week, I was subbing for the class I did part of my internship with, a 5th grade class. During one class period, I had the students that are really laid back and it makes its easy to have a "laid back" day with them versus some of the other class periods. Well, as they were finishing up their work for the day, one girl, who is so smart and sweet, starts asking me questions from this quiz she is reading from Kidsville. Our conversation goes as follows:
K: Mrs. Tasha, what's your favorite color?
Me: Purple.
K: What's your favorite food?
Me: Chicken.
K: How many kids do you have?
Me: TWO, and they both bark!
(both of us laughing!)
K: What make you sad?
Me: ((LONG PAUSE))...You know, K, there are several things that make me sad, but lately, it's wasted potential from kids I see so much inside of.
This "quiz" then stems into a long conversation of how these students are just overflowing with potential to achieve great things, but yet they don't because of their laziness or they just don't care. I have pondered and ran this conversation through my head over and over again the past week or so since that day. The more I think about it, the sadder I get. My heart literally aches for these children that I love and are so smart, but yet refuse to use it for one reason or another. They can achieve great things if they set their minds to it, but they just simply won't.
As I'm thinking of these things, it suddenly hits me. Does God feel the same way about us? Does he see our potential that he has placed within our reach, but we are just sitting, letting it go to waste because we are too lazy to blossom in Him to our full potential? Some of my students are smart enough to be doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc., if they just make the effort. Are we that way?
God gives us all a potential that we are capable of reaching, whether it be to become prayer warriors, missionaries, teachers, preachers, singers, leaders, or simply sharing his word with those we meet on a daily basis.
So, I want to leave you to ponder the question that I continually think about,
thanks to the inquiring mind of a 5th grader.
Are you reaching your full potential in life and in Christ?
If not, why not?
Great question that we need to ask ourselves each day!
ReplyDelete