Monday, May 2, 2011

Friend Makin' Monday

Friend Makin' Mondays: Are You A Bookworm?



1) How often do you read?  I used to hate reading, up until the last year or so. I have really started to enjoy reading again. Now, I'm reading almost every single day.

2) What's the last book you read and loved? I love the book I just finished reading; it is called Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers (Christian Fiction book). However, I will say that I read a book about a month ago that was one I just couldn't put down. I don't normally read books with heavy language, but this one was just so intriguing I couldn't put it down. It was called Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten. It's about a boy with extreme autism (which was what drew me to the book as an educator), and his mother is on a journey to prove his innocence in a murder case. What happens will blow you away! I highly recommend if you can stand the language in the first few chapters (it's not so bad after that).

3) What book(s) are you currently reading?  As I mentioned above, I just finished Leota's Garden yesterday, and tonight when I go to bed I plan on starting Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire by Rafe Esquith. A dear teacher friend of mine gave me this book as a gift, and I can't wait to start it. 

4) Share a few of your favorite authors.  Wow, this is a tough question and if I took FOREVER to type it out, it would get rather lengthy. So, I'll just name a few: Francine Rivers, Emily Griffin, Nicholas Sparks, MOST children book authors
5) What's next on your list of must-reads? I plan to start my book mentioned above tonight. My other books I hope to read are as follows: Heaven is for Real, Water for Elephants, and Something Borrowed



Now it's your turn to share your answers Bloggers!  
Click the FRIEND MAKIN' MONDAY icon at the top of this post to 
link up for this great blog hop. I'm interested in reading about what 
books you, my followers and friends, are reading and recommend.

Don't forget to link back on the original link,so we can all see your answers too!  
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Hey lady!
    Yeah all you have to do is copy the URL for my blog, and add it to your follower list!!
    Or you can subscribe to the RSS feed

    www.itsybitsybrianna.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book about the autistic boy sounds great! I too am a teacher and will have to check it out.

    http://projectgetthin.blogspot.com/2011/05/friend-makin-monday-are-you-bookworm.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked both Water for Elephants and Something Borrowed! Great pics

    Happy FMM!

    ReplyDelete