Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dread vs. Delight

There is so much going on in my life right now, job searching and interviewing, house hunting (just general), subbing every single day, and I've started this diet on Weight Watchers. 
I'm loving it. 
So Far, I have lose a total of 5.4 pounds! 
WOOHOO. 
It's not a lot, but it's a great start on this long journey that I have. 

I have recently gotten a gym membership with my mom and we have been trying to schedule a time to go check out this gym and get our first workout in. It has been SO long since I have set foot in a gym, over a year actually, but even then I wasn't going consistently. Well, today it has FINALLY worked out for us to go together. I'm filled with mixed emotions. 

For those of you that know me, you know that I HATE to sweat! I hate to be hot, and I hate to be uncomfortable. HOWEVER, I'm so looking forward to taking a step in the right direction. This gym time will be a great way to my mom and I to spend a couple of hours together a few times a week. It's a great way to rev-up my weight loss and take the leaps that I need to get where I need to be. My husband is thinking about joining as well, and he is doing the 7day free trail with me starting today. I have the full membership, and it would be great if we could work it out where he could go with me also! 

Above the dread of going to the gym in a few minutes, I'm completely filled with delight and excitement over this. I know it sounds so simple and you are probably wondering why does something so silly get me so excited...because it's a great step in the right direction. Every time I start to try to lose weight, I take big jumps and don't focus on the small steps to building my foundation. This time is different and small steps in the right direction are just what I need. 

I hope you all are having a fantastic Thursday, but guess what...
TOMORROW IS FRIDAY! 
WOOOHOO!


No comments:

Post a Comment