Saturday, January 28, 2012

A whole new meaning to NEW YEAR

It has been a while since my last post. My husband and I found out in the middle of December that we would be moving to Tuscaloosa in January for new jobs. And not just January, but January 3rd is when the job started. It has been an emotional roller coaster. I was hired in August to teach Pre-K at a local school where we were living. I was in love with my job, my co-workers, and my children. However, my husband accepted a job with a company here with great benefits that we did not have before. It has been so hard to leave the only place I have ever called him. Both of our families are still there as well. So we are nearly 3 hours away from everyone and everything we have ever known.

When we found out my husband received this job, I started applying here as well. I have been hired at a Child Development Center here as the lead Pre-K teacher. It is a brand new school so I am working closely with the director in setting up our program and enrolling new students. I was not loving this job in the beginning. I think a lot of that had to do with being so homesick and having to leave a job I LOVED. However, it is getting a little better each day, just a slow process.

Tearing down our home and packing up in 3 weeks was tough. We were both still working full-time! My husband left for work at 1:00 a.m. n didn't get home until 3:00 p.m. Needless to say, he was going straight to bed when he got home, which left me to do all of the packing for the most part, on top of packing up my classroom where I was working.

Also, my favorite time of the year is CHRISTMAS! I put my tree up on Nov. 10th and usually don't take it down until the end of January. This time, I had to take it down immediately, 2 weeks BEFORE Christmas.This broke my heart. We left our home of 2 years on December 30th. It was an emotional adventure to say the least.

We have been home one weekend already and my parents have been here one weekend too. That makes it a little better. I'm trying to stay here a couple more weekends before going home again. My husband is loving his job though, and we love our new townhouse and location of where we live. Maybe it will continue to get a little better each day and I don't stay as homesick! :)

So here we go. A new house, new jobs, new town, and a brand new year! 
Hello 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment