Sunday, February 5, 2012

Learning and Teaching, all in one

I'm working on things for my classroom this weekend.
When I started this new job, there was nothing in the classroom that I was placed. And by nothing, I mean only a couple of toddler beds and a couple of old toys.
No tables/chairs/supplies/anything useful.
I have worked my tail off this month getting my room to become slightly functional. It still has a long way to go though. Most of my children are English Language Learners as well, so this is a new adventure for me as a teacher. I also have one child that is hard of hearing and barely speaks, and is slightly autistic. She is a joy and a challenge each day, but I'm growing to love her. She also gives me a reason to use/teach a few of the things I know from sign language. That reminds me, I need to learn more.

If you have any sign language learning suggestions, let me know! I would love to be fluent in ASL :) 


On another note,
it is time to start walking
and tanning again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment