Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stop. Think. Execute.

I'm not working right now. My previous employer did not follow state guidelines as she should, so I left. My career goal is to work in a school system, and I wasn't going to jeopardize that by working in a day school (day care) that didn't keep with state standards and guidelines.

Therefore, I'm a SAHW (stay at home wife). It's been well over a year since I have been unemployed, and even then I was a full-time student and working in direct sales doing home parties for some great income with Premier Designs Jewelry.  I'm loving being at home more than I thought I would, except for one tiny little thing. I HAVE FULL ACCESS TO MY KITCHEN! Okay, so it's a little bigger than a tiny thing, at least for me. I eat out of boredom, more than I should. And I'm a little more bored now that I have our new house organized and on a cleaning schedule so it doesn't take but a little time each day to maintain, no lesson plans to write, no assignments to complete. I'm keeping myself busy though, just not as much as I should.

STOP. THINK. EXECUTE.

That has been my motto this week.
I started the 17 Day Diet last Monday, and lost 5 pounds last week! WOOHOO. This week was a little more challenging as far as motivation goes.

Last week was beautiful, so Roxy (my 7 month old dog) and I were able to get out and walk in our neighborhood each day. I was busy doing the above mentioned organizing and planning, which kept me from getting bored and getting in the kitchen.
I am much more bored now. I started the week completely unmotivated, which was a big set back. Sometimes I wonder if all this "killing myself" working out, and "strict" diet plan will be worth it in the end. Then, I stop. I think about my future with my amazing husband. He loves to be active, playing football, going to theme parks, going to batting cages, and much more. I want to be able to do those things with him without sitting on the side watching or getting too tired. I think about in a few years when we want to have children. I want to be a healthy mom, who has a healthy pregnancy and is a good role model for my children when it comes to eating and fitness. Those are the major things I think about. Today, this has kept me out of the kitchen. I even went to the park and walked a couple of laps today. Not great, but it was something (execution).

What are things that keep you motivated?
I'm always looking for new ideas for workouts to keep me from getting bored with what I'm doing.
Post any ideas/suggestions below! :)

Hope you have a great rest of the week!!

Stay Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment