Two weeks ago I received a text from a family friend, who like me, is far from being a runner. We are avid walkers. She was telling me that her daughter was going to sign up for the Color Run. They allow walkers too, and she wanted to know if I would sign up and us walk it together because it sounded like so much fun. So, crazy me, I said sure! After we talked a little more, we decided that maybe we should try to run at least some of it! Now as I have said, I am NOT a runner. So I downloaded the Couch25K app on my phone and started working my way through it. I'm officially on week three, and I surprise myself each time I run!! I can definitely tell that I have lost weight and am getting in better shape each day. This week my runs are as follows: 5 min warm up walk, run 90 secs, walk 90 secs, run 3 mins, walk 3 mins, run 90 secs, walk 90 secs, run 3 mins, walk 3 mins, 5 min cool down walk. Yeah, three minutes doesn't sound like much, but for me, IT IS! I could barely run at all when I first started.
My 5k Color Run is September 3rd. I still have a long way to go, but I'm slowly making it a little bit each day. I guess it's true what they say. What you do today can improve all your tomorrows!!
So for any of you runner out there, I gladly welcome any running tips and/or advice. :)

Hi Tasha,
ReplyDeleteI am a beginner runner too and started with the C25K app as well. I've been running less than 3 months and am up to 3 miles a day without stopping. Similar to you, I could barely finish that first 60 second run! So don't stop! You can do this!!!
One piece of advice I got from a runner was to invest / get fitted for a pair of good running shoes. It has made a HUGE difference in my training. Good luck!
Alison
Hey thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement! That's awesome about your three miles a day!! That's my goal for now, to be able to run as much of that 5K as possible!! :)
Delete