Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 2 of 20 Days Organized

On day 2 of the 20 day challenge, I am supposed to do the master bedroom. However, I had two kiddos throwing up and sick all day, so during naptime, I decided to do day 3 and tackle my laundry area, which allowed me to be close to the kids at all times. I will do the master bedroom on Saturday while my husband is out since I won't have the kiddos here either!

Here is the link to the original day 2--Master Bedroom


And here is my day 2--the laundry room/area

TADA...Here is my super organized laundry space! Everything has a label and a place.
This green bag is hanging with a command hook (love those, especially for apartment living!) It holds all of my "walmart bags" and other plastic bags that we use for little trash and things. I always keep a few on hand. In the corner I also keep my ironing board, the mop, and the broom.
 This bag holds all of my reusable totes that I take grocery shopping, etc. I just grab the whole pink bag and GO! On the inside wall, I also have commend hooks for my fly swat and my little umbrella.
 I keep my laundry cleaners, dryer sheets, and trash bags in this blue bin. It also has my cute little Laundry Cheat Sheet on there (Pinterest!) You can also see my homemade febreze spray and a couple other cleaners, my paper towels, and my feather duster.
 
 This pink bin is for my baby, Roxy Ann. It has all of her treats, wipes, bones, collars, sprays, and anything else doggie right here!
 Below are the last few items in my laundry space. The tall bin to the left contains a variety of stockpiled air fresheners. Light bulbs are in the container on top of that. And the white bin has "lost sock." This is where I put socks that come out of the dryer without their match, until their match can be found of course. I also pull it out once a week or so to make sure I haven't overlooked matches.
 The last pictures here are of my Homemade Laundry Detergent. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. It is so amazing, so cheap, and keeps my laundry clean and smelling nice. My recipe makes a TON, so at only about a tablespoon per load, it lasts a really long time. Did I mention how much I LOVE IT?!?!


Hope you had a great Tuesday, maybe at least a bit less sickly than mine.
Are you ready for Wednesday?
This is will be your task (laundry) if you are following the original schedule.
For me, Wednesday will be the living room.

Happy Organizing!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment