Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Overhauling!

Yep. That's exactly what I have been doing all day! We had some terrible storms and tornadoes here in Alabama today across the state. As a result, schools were canceled for the day, and my husband did not get to go into work either. We had a day at the house, trying to stay in out of the weather. While we were stuck inside on this yucky day, I took the time to overhaul--both on the computer and at home.

I'm a graduate in Elementary Education and building my job interview portfolio. I made a HUGE dent it that today and feel pretty accomplished, but still have a ways to go before it is complete.

We are getting new furniture (hopefully next week), so we cleaned out a second room for the couch and loveseat that we have now. I'm so ready to get this furniture moving over with! I made a pile of boxes of things for my sweet hubby to put in the attic tomorrow!

I spent a lot of time online today as well. Cell phone towers here were either down or overloaded most of the day, so Facebook seemed to be a great way to keep up with everyone's well-being and the damage in surrounding areas. While I was on the computer, I thought I would update my blog, seeing as how I haven't been on here in FOREVER!

Last night, we went grocery shopping, for healthy foods only! When we got home, we had a Kitchen Purge, emptying out off the junk we had in the house. I started my WW plan last week and lost two pounds (WOOHOO!) and plan to stick to it! I want to be in shape and healthy when the husband and I decide to start our family in the next year or two, and I have a lot of work ahead of me! Definitely going to need prayers there.

So that's kind of an overview of my day spent overhauling! I plan to keep up with my blog better from now on because I realized today just how much I missed it. Stay tuned for my post that is soon to come about our cruise we took over Spring Break.

Stay Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment